Friday, July 19, 2013

Week 7



This week the thing that I found really helpful, but hard to talk about, was intimacy. My parents never talked about this in our home. They let us watch the family life video at home with mom, but after that it was, “it’s bad unless it is within the bounds of matrimony.” It is hard to talk about intimacy, but being in class and hearing opinions and things that help was an eye opener and I think that it will be very helpful in the future. We talked about how “Adam knew Eve and then conceived”. I think that it is important to really get to know someone before we jump into it. I also thought it was interesting to learn about the different effects it can have on someone. If we don’t take the time to learn and get to know someone before we become intimate I think that it can have a bad impact on the relationship; but if we have been practicing transparency in our relationship, I think that it will be easier to talk about and discuss the things that were good and the things that could possibly be worked on. Some of the bad effects can be regret, not willing to do it anymore, avoidance, and bad experience. To help with avoiding these things we can communicate better with our spouse. I think that communication is the key to a good and happy lasting marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment